Open Water row

nursebikerider

I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion they would like to share regarding which type of boat to buy. I am looking for a stable open water sliding seat row boat that I can stow gear for touring, as well as possible open water races. I'm looking at Alden Whitehall 16 or the Merry Wherry. Any opinions on these boats? I have previously owned an Echo, which is a bit unstable in very rough water and have also owned a Little River Marine Heritage 15 which found to be a bit too slow and too heavy to car top, but dry and stable.
Thanks,
Tami