hands free hydration

Laura Jackson

I agree with Guy re: paddling with a water bag on your back. I also worry about being attached to my boat via a drinking tube that is held tightly in place (it also gets in the way for races with a run or portage element). I typically use an older style camelback or Ultimate Directions pack, turned sideways to serve as a fanny pack and run the tube up inside my shirt or PFD, clip the provided clip to my bra strap, and all I have to do is turn my head, bite and get a drink. The water bag rests on the back deck of the boat, and I keep the belt loose enough that the bag stays put while I rotate.

Laura J.

Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work � and yourself. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx