Happy racing,
Debbie Natelson

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020, 8:54 PM Rod Sternagel <rod.sternagel@...> wrote:
I am interested but there is no Saturday Sept. 10th. Did you mean October?

~Rod

-------- Original message --------
From: Peter & Vanessa <pvturcan@...>
Date: 9/1/20 3:32 PM (GMT-08:00)
Subject: [SoundRowers] Zoom race

Board,

I am thinking of running an online-Zoom on-the-water race. Sending out details something like the following, comments?

Sound Rowers Zoom race 1: 10am Saturday 10th September
This is an open water race, for any human-powered craft. Entry is free, to members and non-members.

Rules:

0. A Zoom link will appear in the Google signup sheet, before the race.
1. The race is for the period of exactly 1 hour, determined by how far you go.
2. Wear a mask whilst on land, before and after racing.
3. You can select your own race course, any open water, but the course must be a loop, or out-and-back. You must finish more or less where you start.
4. Use your smartphone (ideally perhaps in a waterproof case) to log into the Zoom call, and the start will be a verbal "Go".
5. After exactly one hour, "Stop" will be called, and record your distance, ideally using GPS.
6. Write up your distance, comments, race course, etc., in the Google sign up sheet.
7. Digital ribbons will be mailed to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each class. Normal Sound Rowers classes apply.

I will be starting at the 14th Ave NW boat launch in Ballard, going up the ship canal, round Lake Union, and back down the ship canal. A 12 Km course. Join me if you live nearby, otherwise any water works.