Re: Shaw Island is in danger of losing it's camping

Debbie Natelson

Yay Carrie, Yay Rick Hughs.  Thanks for the quick response Carrie.   I'll write as well soon
Debbie

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 8:22 PM carrie weisse via Groups.Io <weisse_hse=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I emailed the three people listed below to save Shaw camping.  I received a response from Rick Hughes.  See below.
Carrie Weisse

I support Shaw Park and will work to find funding to keep the park running as it has in the past.

Rick Hughes

Vice Chair

San Juan County Council

District #2 Waldron/Orcas Island

360-298-5103

360-472-0253

On Monday, November 18, 2019, 6:09:22 PM PST, Sound Rowers <webmaster@...> wrote:

The San Juan County Parks Council is trying to help fix a budget shortfall by no longer allowing overnight camping on Shaw Island. If this happens, the park will be day-use only. Ferry services, the General Store, and overall landscape maintenance may be effected.

The money saved would be a very small part of the budget shortfall. Let's ask them to charge higher use fees, rather than shutting down all camping.

Please email your comments:
Rick Hughes Rickh@...
Jamie Stephens - jamies@...
Bill Watson - billw@...