Re: Not that it really matters...

Steve Scoggins

Jon,
The hang up with a surfski category...according to the length/width rules designed by SR.....the Epic V5 is a SK, an Epic V8, Think EZE, ACE, are FSK, and the rest are mostly HPK, but all of them are Surfskis.

Hopefully Todd will give you a blue ribbon.

Steve

On May 12, 2019, at 7:05 PM, Jon Harwood <jcharwood248@...> wrote:

I chose to haul the jumbo Pygmy sea kayak around the buoys at Commencement Bay, leaving the carbon OC1 in the parking lot, because I came for the Blue Ribbon. I wielded a wooden Greenland paddle to match the wooden boat, just to make my martyrdom complete -- and maximize my time on the picturesque Tacoma waters. What happens? Another sea kayak appears! But no! The 14-year old registered it as a "surfski" sea kayak -- unaware that makes it a different class of boat. Pics don't lie! Peyton finished less than a minute ahead, and then didn't appear to collect the covetted Blue Ribbon. I got red.
Does anyone still call it a high performance kayak? Should surfski be on the boat classes instead?
Not that it matters... It's all for fun, and fun for all!