B'ham excitement

Reivers Dustin

There's a great S.R. event coming up, mixed in with a couple of goofy things.  The Bellingham Traverse is today.  I've never done it, but hey outdoor play is all good.

Another oddball is the Paddle for Food.  It's in Lake Padden with all proceeds to the Bellingham Food Bank.  All human powered boats welcome.  The format is relay teams made up of most likely mix of fast boats with slower.  Teams are made up after everyone registers.  The course is tight so rowing is disadvantaged.  When Peter pulled this idea together not much was expected from it.  However, the event has become 'a thing'.  Maybe because it's short, mixed teams and quite informal.

The race has accommodated true beginners since Padden is pretty small and protected.

rd

Here's Peter's heads up:

Hey Everyone,

Lots happening the next few weeks!!

Traverse Today, Last Interval Session for the season on Monday at Padden, Lake Samish Race next Saturday, and the "annual Paddle 4 Food relay on Sunday the 15th!!

More to follow ......Hope you all can make it.....Lake Padden, Registration opens at 0900 on SUNDAY the 15th!!

Relay format, you register singular, we organize the teams, three separate starts.

ENTRY FEE:  Cash or check (as much as your willing to part with) for the food bank and/or as much NON-perishable food  your willing to donate!!

Its the "race of the year" don't miss out!!   More to follow, Questions (360) 739 2257