Minutes from the 2016 Sound Rowers Annunal Meeting

Tyler Peterson

Sound Rowers & Paddlers Members,

Attached are the minutes from the 2016 annual meting.  I recommend all review them as it gives a window into what Sound Rowers is all about and what was reviewed at the 4 hour and 40 minute meeting.  We are always looking for new volunteers so if you see anything in the notes that you think you may be able to help with, reach out to me and I will connect you with the appropriate people.

Of note:

-We are looking for a new Race Director for the La Conner race to takeover in 2017.  This can be an individual of group of  people.  Check the race calendar and contact Greg Gilda to start a conversation.  Ideally you will work with Greg this year to get a feel for what is involved.  Greg is now the new VP of insurance and legal so he will still be very involved in SR.

-We will be setting up a safety committee managed by the Board of directors.  The details are still being worked out but capsize report forms will be refined, and assistance will be provided to race directors to help evaluate conditions and competitors.

Please contact me with any questions you may have.

Thanks you all for your help,

Tyler Peterson

Sound Rowers President

(206) 786-1083