From: Steve Bennett
To: "tkreyche@..." ; "SoundRowers@..."
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: [SoundRowers] Bainbridge Currents for Sept 12, 2015

Thanks Tom, for a more thorough analysis than you would have gotten from me.   I totally concur with your call.  Here is my read:
If a 5 hour Marathoner took the counter-clockwise route, she would face almost no current at the Agate Pass Bridge with the Slack occurring at 10:47. At Point White, about half-way, she would have a supporting current of 1.5 kt, building through the pass.

If however, she opted for the clockwise route, she  would be fighting that same 1.5 kt current when she hit Point White, and facing an uphill 4 kt current at the Agate Pass Bridge.  Not a big choice this year.
Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.  We'll have the usual soup and bread at the finish, also a nice selection of commemorative hats, thanks to Stoneway Concrete.

Tide charts attached, I think.

Steve